IOSH Working Safely and Managing Safety Courses
STC run two IOSH courses:
The courses are nationally recognised and have been put in place to provide training for delegates to become accredited supervisors/junior managers. The course is currently being looked upon as an alternative to NEBOSH.
The prices include the cost of all workbooks and the accredited certification at the end of the course (it will also include refreshments and lunch, etc)
IOSH Working Safely (1 day course)
The following modules are included in the IOSH Working Safely 1 day course.
- Module 1 - Introducing Working Safely - This module stresses the reality of accidents and suffering behind the statistics and emphasises trhe importance of personal responsibility.
- Module 2 - Defining 'Hazard' and 'Risk' - This module shows how even simple everyday tasks have serious consequences when done incorrectly. The delegates will concentrate on six broad hazard groups. Risk assessments will also be demystified and delegates will all learn how to carry out a risk assessment.
- Module 3 - Identifying Common Hazards - All main issues are covered in this module - access and egress, work traffic, fire, electricity, chemical, abuse (physical and verbal), bullying, stress, noise, working environment, trips, falls and manual handling. Key points will be reinforced.
- Module 4 - Improving Safety Performance - This module will help bridge the gap between management and the workforce, encouraging delegates to play a part that is commonly seen as just down to their emergency procedures will all be included.
- Module 5 - Protecting our Environment - This module looks at how organisations and individual team members can get involved in reducing environmental impacts. This session does include thought provoking facts and figures to drive points home.
|About this course|
|Course Duration||1 day|
|Price:||£ Call for price per delegate|
|Additional information||Please note that this course must have a minimum of 3 delegates.|
IOSH Managing Safely (4 day course)
The following modules are included in the IOSH Managing Safely 4 day course.
- Module 1 - Introduction and Overview - This module will introduce the concept of a safety managament system (using regulations: HSG65, OHSAS, 18001).
- Module 2 - Reactive Monitoring - This module goes through the importance of recording an incident, and the procedure of accident investigations. It also includes investigation techniques, including reviewing and interviewing as well as techniques of report writing.
- Module 3 - Risk Assessment and Risk Control - This module looks in depth at legal requirements for risk assessments as well as looking at basic definitions. It includes going through what data is required for an inventory and the techniques for inventory preparation. Human factors are studied as well as critieria for workplace precautions. Risk assessments and their review procedures will be studied in great detail.
- Module 4 - Health and Safety Legislation - This module looks at all health and safety legislations and the use of Approved and other codes of practice. It will look at the HSE as a source of guidance and also regulations such as the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and Management of Health and Safety at Work Act 1999.
- Module 5 - Common Hazards - This module studies many hazards such as; Fire, Elecctricity, Work Equipment, Movement of People, Vehicles, Poor Housekeeping, Manual Handling, Display Screen Equipment, Noise Chemical Substances.
- Module 6 - Active Monitoring - This module goes through the purposes and techniques of active monitoring as well as the methods of developing and maintaining checklists and aides memoir. It looks at basic trends and occurences and epidemiological analysis of active monitoring data.
- Module 7 - Safety Management Systems - This modules shows the elements of a safety management system including the nature, purposes and techniques of health and safety audits.
- Module 8 - Client Specific - This module will concentrate solely on specific health and safety topics that are relevant to your company.
|About this course|
|Course Duration||4 days|
|Price:||£Call for price per delegate|
|Additional information||Please note that this course must have a minimum of 4 delegates.|
- Prices quoted are per day.
- Expenses are 40p per mile travelled, plus overnight accommodation based on a travel lodge if required.
- All prices are subject to VAT (unless otherwise stated)
- All courses booked through companies need to be accompanied by a purchase order number.
- All prices quoted are a quide only and may change without prior notice.
- Discounts may be negotiated dependent on quantity.